Apply for a mini bar endorsement

Learn how to apply for a mini bar endorsement.

On this page

Select a link below to navigate directly the respective section of the page.


You can include an endorsement when you apply for your liquor sales licence using our online iAGCO portal. Or, you can add one after your application has been approved.


There’s no fee for a mini bar endorsement.

Contact us

Need help? Contact us now by email or telephone.


A mini bar endorsement allows you to sell and serve liquor from a mini bar in a room that’s rented as overnight accommodation adjacent to the licensed premises. Examples include a hotel or motel room. A mini bar endorsement doesn’t allow service. Patrons are to open the mini bar and serve themselves in their room.

You need to control access to the contents of the mini bar. The mini bar must be secured with a locking device. Access can’t be given to people who are under 19 years old.

In addition to liquor, the mini bar must be stocked with non-alcoholic beverages.

You need to keep records of the mini bar sales for one year.

If you’re looking for a mini bar licence that’s not attached to a liquor sales licence, please go to the Mini bar licence page.


You must apply for or hold a liquor sales licence to apply for a mini bar endorsement. 


There is no fee for a mini bar endorsement. 

Step 1: Prepare your application

When you apply for a mini bar endorsement, be prepared to answer the following questions:

  • Is the existing licensed place in a hotel, motel or resort complex? If no, describe the location.
  • What is the name and address of the hotel, motel or resort complex to which the endorsement will apply?
  • Is the mini bar located in the guest room? If no, provide details about where the mini bar is located.
  • How will the mini bar be controlled (e.g., through a key, magnetic card or another device)? Provide details.
  • Will the mini bar access device be different from the room key? If no, please explain.

Step 2: Apply online

If you hold a liquor sales licence and want to add a mini bar endorsement, you will need to log in to your iAGCO account to apply.

Apply for an endorsement now

If you do not hold a liquor sales licence, you’ll need to create an account on the iAGCO portal to apply for one. When applying, click "add secondary" on the first screen. 

Apply for a licence now

Step 3: Wait for a decision

Once you’ve submitted your application, the AGCO will review your application. The AGCO may ask you for more information.

Know your responsibilities

 If you’ve been approved for a mini bar endorsement, you need to know your responsibilities. As a licensee, you need to follow the standards, laws and regulations that apply to this endorsement. This includes any terms and conditions. Be sure to read:

For more information, go to Responsibilities and resources.